3.13.2005

Southern Utah Trip


Seth and Kenn in Zion NP
Originally uploaded by taintors.
We got home last night from a four day trip to Southern Utah. On Wednesday and Thursday, I was presenting to schools in Cedar City. We were with a group called Utah Rural Outreach Program whose mission is to expose kids in Southern Utah schools to medicine in hopes that they will be interested in becoming doctors that could fill the great need for MDs in rural Utah. We did a little biking while down south, including an afternoon on Gooseberry Mesa, one of the best rides I've ever done.
Danielle and I decided to spend another couple days in Zion NP. Compared to the 30s, 40s and 50s here in SLC, it was 80 in Zion. Beautiful day. On seeing the beautiful spires of Zions, Kennedy said, "Big rocks Dad, I'll climb them when I'm big like you. Very high" The kids did a great job traveling and really enjoyed the trip. It was nice to enjoy a nice long trip before my serious board study and third year rotations begin.

No comments: