1.19.2007

The Interview Trail

So, here I am on the "interview trail" in Chicago (Stood on the 99th floor of the Sears Tower today).
I have a dermatology residency interview tomorrow at Rush. "Dermatology?" you say, "as in 'pimple popper,' ' zit picker,' or 'anti-ezcema extraordinaire.' "Yes, yes and yes," I answer, smiling at the simplifications of such a wonderful profession.
Tomorrow will be my 8th of 9 derm programs that I'll be interviewing at. Following is the list these programs, one of which (hopefully) I'll end up at next year.

In no particular order:
Utah
Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, WI
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Rush, Chicago, IL
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA
Geisinger, Danville, PA
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL

The "Match List" (ie. the ranking of above programs in order of preference) will be turned in mid-February and then we find out March 15th where we'll end up (as stated before, provided we match this year).

Anyway, wish us luck. Quite a crazy adventure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For no particular reason I'm rooting for your residency to be at Utah. I will allow you to leave for your 1 year of internship. Unless you can do it ALL here the that would be fine with me also. Mom