10.16.2007

Kennedy's Haircut

So, here's the story. This last week Kennedy had a friend of hers over to play. The time came and went for her friend to go home. Having already yelled into Kennedy and her friend to wrap things up, Danielle ended up having to go into Kennedy's room to excuse her friend face to face. With her friend now gone, Kennedy was sent out to the yard to pick up some things.

This is where things got interesting.

10 minutes, 15 minutes past and Danielle hadn't heard from Kennedy. She wasn't in the backyard, she wasn't over at her friend's house, she wasn't answering Danielle's yelling into the backyard.

Danielle went back into the kitchen, looked out the window and right in front of her was Kennedy receiving a haircut at the hand of her friend. A look of absolute horror flashed on Kennedy's face before she dashed out of sight.

The pictures seen below are not the sole product of Kennedy and her friend. As her hair was very uneven in the back and her bangs all catywompus. She required some professional intervention. As Kennedy has wanted her hair cut short for quite some time, she is quite pleased with the end result, as evidenced by the pictures below.
As for Danielle and I, this has been another trial of parenthood - our first major one in fact. I'm sure when Kennedy is married with kids of her own, past the trials and temptations of growing up, we'll all look back at this and laugh. Until then, all we can do is hope for the best in the years ahead.



7 comments:

Joy said...

Been there done that. Anne once cut her own hair. I found out when I was taking out the trash. I found some beautiful curls in there...lucky for me she has curly hair so nobody noticed. Not even me. She said she had done it the day before. I like Kennedy's bangs by the way. Very stylish.

Daniel B. said...

Dude, Kennedy, from one blonde to another, i totally understand. I cut my own hair all the time...of course, I get in trouble to, but you know what they say: "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but your hair will eventually grow back!"

(Trust me, they say that somewhere, I'm sure...google it.)

Melissa said...

This is my worst nightmare...but Kennedy's looks cute!

Lyndzee said...

Okay, so I was the friend who did the cutting when I was younger and my friend's mom wouldn't let her play with me anymore after that...forgive her friend, for me!

Love you all, adorable hair! I couldn't have done it better :)

Unknown said...

Awesome--it must be the age! Eben did his before school one morning--much easier to fix on a boy! Or is it a girl thing? Solenne already loves scissors. She looks darling and so many fewer tangles!
: ) Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi Taintor family! I found your link on the Martins blog. How is residency going for you? Hope you guys are doing great.
Check out our blog at kentuckygrubbs.blogspot.com

Prairie said...

The short hair looks great mom and dad! Maybe you should have let her get the haircut sooner??? hahha short hair is IN!!!! Wait, I shouldn't have to tell you that Danielle! You guys should be laughing at this already!
Love ya!
Prairie