10.11.2007

Seth and the Dogbite

Here are some pictures of Seth at Dogwood Crag in Big Cottonwood.
Due to some negligence on behalf of his father, the rope was setup to act as a perfect pendulum should anyone fall while climbing.
Seth gave a great climb and when it was time to descend, I instructed him to walk along the wall before rappelling down. He took two great steps, perfect form. On the third, he trip and rolled the rest of the way across the wall. The resultant injury can be seen below.
I felt horrible, that I had ruined this experience for my son. Somewhat sheepishly I asked Seth if he'd like to come climbing some other time, almost certain of his answer. To my surprise, he said,"Yes, I'll be more careful next time."
What a great kid.
DSC_1952.JPG

DSC_1950.JPG

DSC_1954.JPG

DSC_1955.JPG

DSC_1956.JPG

2 comments:

Holly said...

He really is a sweety. I love it when I call and he answers the phone. His little voice lights up my day. Too bad his father is so negligant. I really would like him to grown to adulthood.

Joy said...

Good thing there was a doctor near by!