Kennedy is a very old 6 years, and can do EVERYTHING by herself... including her hair. It has been a battle with her for about a year now. So, I finally decided this is a battle we can both win at. We now have an agreement that if Kennedy lets me do her hair without a huge fuss, then the next day, she can do her own hair. This way I figure I don't have to put up with crying and her undoing what I just put in her hair. At least every other day she will look like she does have parents who care about her and take care of her, and the other days, when she does her hair, she's very proud of herself and feels "beautiful".
I've been taking pictures of the days she does her hair though. I figure that this way, when she is a mom of an independent 6 year old who wants to do her own hair, I can pull up all these "beautiful" pictures of her hair and say to her, "I can't imagine what you are going through."

3 comments:
I actually like #2 better. Its bohemian-sheek.
Very cute! My first grade picture looks just like this!! Let's just say it was a keeper.
jandee
Well, that's better than I could do, for sure!
Post a Comment